- Exercises during menstruation:
Some girls and women include sport on their daily schedule. However, what about performing exercises during the menstrual cycle? Should they stop it during their menstrual days?
It is known that during the menstrual period the woman's mood may be disturbed, so the movement will help in improving the mood, and in relieving abdominal pain caused by the menstrual cycle. However, it is preferable not to choose any heavy sport during menstruation, and perhaps the best sport that can be taken is brisk walking in the morning in the open air. In this context, nutrition specialist Diana Omeish told "women's health." "Exercising during the menstrual cycle helps women reduce the symptoms of the menstrual cycle, and it is important for hormonal balance." "There are some exercises and techniques that have proven useful during the menstrual cycle, in addition to some other exercises that should be avoided during this period," Omeish added.
- Benefits of exercising during the menstrual cycle:
• A group of studies demonstrates that menstruation helps relieve many of the associated symptoms, such as pain, cramps, flatulence, nausea, and mood swings.
• general physical fitness is important for female health; It reduces the risk of serious health problems, with age. These diseases include heart attacks, strokes, arthritis, osteoporosis, diabetes …
• In a recent study in Canada, it was found that there is substantial evidence for the benefits of exercising in the face of at least 30 chronic diseases.
• Exercise affects the body, as it increases the production of endorphins, which are called the "happiness hormone," and thus reduces anxiety, depression, and pain, and improves mood.
- The best exercises to do on your period:
"Ameish" explains that "most women cannot exercise during the first and second days of menstruation, due to the very heavy blood flow, but then there is no objection to exercising to feel comfortable while adjusting the intensity of the exercise."
Here are some suggestions for proper exercises during menstruation:
Walking: This sport does not take much time, and you can adjust the speed to match the level of discomfort during this period.
• Light Cardio exercises: Far from exhausting Cardio exercises, much less time is devoted than usual to these light intensity exercises during that period.
Strength exercises: You should lose the weight that you would normally use.
Stretch and balance exercises: Yoga is great for relaxing muscles and reducing spasms and pain, as well as for pilates to stretch muscles and reduce spasms and menstrual pain.